Mexican Authorities Find 370 Abandoned Migrant Children in 1 Week
Authorities in Mexico announced they had rescued 370 migrant children who had apparently been abandoned by traffickers paid to take them to the United States.
Mexico's National Migration Institute (INM) said in a statement on Saturday that the children had been found in the period March 17-24 on the territory of 14 Mexican states.
A total of 163 of them were under 18 years of age and were traveling alone, according to the INM, as cited by the Voice of America.
The children told officials that the traffickers had been paid USD 3000 – 5000 before abandoning them.
The authorities in Mexico reported that nine traffickers had been arrested in connection with the case.
The statement of the INM also informed that the children had shown signs of extreme fatigue, foot injuries, dehydration and disorientation.
- » EU Looks to Screen Migrants in Africa to Stop Boatloads
- » Melania Trump Wears 'I Really don't Care do u?' Jacket on Migrant Visit
- » Russia and the UK are Running out of Beer because of the World Cup
- » The Bulgarian Presidency Drives the Debate on the Need to Further Promote Inclusive Education in Europe
- » Transparent and Predictable Working Conditions: Council Reaches General Approach
- » Eurogroup Statement on the Occasion of its 20th Anniversary