Youth Unemployment Drops on Monthly Basis - Bulgaria's Social Min
The problem of youth unemployment in Bulgaria remains serious, but still there is an optimistic trend, according to Social Minister Hasan Ademov.
More than 6100 young people have started work since the beginning of 2014, 1300 are part of the subsidized employment, and more than 2200 people have been included in activities performed by municipalities under the National Youth Employment Program.
Young people represent 24% of all who became employed in Jan-Feb 2014, Bulgarian Cross Agency reports.
"Steps have been taken for the practical implementation of the EU Youth Guarantee scheme. The number of unemployed young people by end-February has dropped by 1.9% to 18.9% which is a continuous downward trend in the last 9 months," Minister Ademov announced.
Internship programs will be launched in April, providing job opportunities for many young people, Ademov added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Pfizer: A New Wave of the Pandemic is Beginning
- » At least 3,000 Dead Dolphins in the Black Sea – Military Sonars Blind them
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 314 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 538 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 472 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 532 New Cases in the Last 24 hours