Youth Unemployment Drops on Monthly Basis - Bulgaria's Social Min
The problem of youth unemployment in Bulgaria remains serious, but still there is an optimistic trend, according to Social Minister Hasan Ademov.
More than 6100 young people have started work since the beginning of 2014, 1300 are part of the subsidized employment, and more than 2200 people have been included in activities performed by municipalities under the National Youth Employment Program.
Young people represent 24% of all who became employed in Jan-Feb 2014, Bulgarian Cross Agency reports.
"Steps have been taken for the practical implementation of the EU Youth Guarantee scheme. The number of unemployed young people by end-February has dropped by 1.9% to 18.9% which is a continuous downward trend in the last 9 months," Minister Ademov announced.
Internship programs will be launched in April, providing job opportunities for many young people, Ademov added.
- » People Who Live in Small Towns Are Happier
- » You Will Live Longer If You Sleep More on Saturdays and Sundays
- » People are More Productive When Weather Is Bad
- » Every Fourth Bulgarian Reads a Book every day. Every third - never
- » Student Donated more than 3000 Books to Community Centers and Homes for Adults
- » Scientists have Revealed why Birds have no Teeth