Household Crimes in Bulgaria on the Ebb – Interior Minister
Bulgaria sees a sustained downward trend in household crime, according to Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Tsvetlin Yovchev.
"We expect an even more positive effect in the future. Next week I will table a report in the Council of Ministers introducing specific measures to ensure permanent results and a sustainable downward trend in household crimes," Yovchev announced Friday, cited by BGNES.
"These are not single measures, but rather programs that we intend to implement. We have a clear idea on how to reduce crime rates and how to deal with this problem," the minister added.
Asked about the protection of cultural and historical heritage, Yovchev stressed that the Ministry of Interior will continue to fulfill its commitments in this area.
Regarding the special FBI operation in the United States during which sixteen Bulgarians have been arrested for money laundering and credit card fraud, Yovchev claimed that it was the result of the good collaboration between FBI and the Bulgarian State Agency for National Security (DANS).
- » Bulgaria Parliament Bars Government from Signing Deals on Migrant Readmissions
- » The Bulgarian Customs have Collected nearly BGN 4.6 Billion for the First Half of the Year
- » 1/3 of the Farmers in Bulgaria are over 65 Years of Age
- » BGN 20 Million is the Annual Cost of Street Lighting in Sofia
- » CPC Stops the Deal for "Nova Broadcasting Group"
- » CPC Prohibit "Inercom" from Buying "CEZ Bulgaria"