Bulgaria Expects Wave Of Refugees In Spring
Bulgaria's Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev said authorities are preparing for a new wave of refugees in spring.
“I hope it won't be as big as the previous one,” Yovchev said after a visit to one of the refugee centers in Sofia with EU Home Affairs Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom. “We must communicate with those people, i.e. they must start learning Bulgarian. Then we must take them out of the refugee centers, integrate them and encourage them to find jobs.”
According to Yovchev, the state must create policies, which will guarantee that the integration process is sustainable.
At a press conference earlier Malmstrom said that the situation with the refugees in Bulgaria remains complicated, but the new steps the country is taking to improving it, are commendable.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 231 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly Morning, Warm Afternoon
- » Bulgaria: The Monument to the Soviet Army in Sofia was Wrapped
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 238 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Wind is Weakening, Rain possible in the Southeastern Regions
- » Bulgaria: Car with 17 Migrants collided with a Taxi in Sofia