Two Killed in Latest Venezuela Protests
Two people have died in the latest outbreak of violence in Venezuela’s anti-government protests.
A National Guard soldier was killed on Monday in Merida, while a 28-year-old pregnant woman was confirmed dead on Sunday in Guaicaipuro, near the capital Caracas, Al-Jazeera reported.
Protests against Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro broke out in February, and police forces have responded with force on a number of occasions. The total death toll from the street riots is believed to be at 32 now.
Demonstrators are demanding economic reforms which would stop the high inflation, shortage of foods, and an end to political repression of opposition figures.
- » Bulgarian start-ups make CubeSats, Quantum Physics Experiment in Space
- » More than 100 Palestinians Wounded after another Day of Protests
- » Turkish Lira with a New Record Drop
- » The Court Banned Trump from Blocking his Followers on Twitter
- » China Shrinks Customs Duties on Imported Cars
- » Mark Zuckerberg Hearing at the European Parliament Today (Live Stream)