Legal Changes to Shed Light on Media Ownership, Funding in Bulgaria
Socialist MP Martin Zahariev has said he will propose amendments to the Radio and Television Act concerning ownership and origin of funding for the media in Bulgaria
In a Sunday interview for the Bulgarian National Television (BNT), Zahariev explained that the legal changes concerned electronic media, newspapers and websites.
He said that the changes provided for publishing information on media funding in the public register of the Council for Electronic Media.
Zahariev, as cited by dnevnik.bg, noted that the draft legislation envisaged a 6-month grace period during which relevant legislation would be adjusted to it.
He said that he also planned to propose to his colleagues to discuss the opportunity of publishing information on the amount of public funding media outlets had been goven to promote EU programs and projects.
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair