Bulgaria Reimbursed for less than 50% of Rural Development Spending
An MP from center-right party GERB suggested that the Bulgarian government was keeping silent about a non-reimbursed sum of BGN 330 M under the rural development program.
Desislava Taneva, MP from center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria), commented Friday in Parliament on Thursday's announcement of the State Fund Agriculture that the European Commission had transferred BGN 290 M under the rural development program in the fourth quarter of the year.
Taneva, as cited by dnevnik.bg, pointed out that Bulgaria had requested the reimbursement of BGN 623 M and asked whether the remaining amount of money had been frozen or it could be lost.
Dimitar Grekov, Minister of Agriculture and Food, responded that there was no indication that the EC would not approve the expenses, suggesting that the funding would be acknowledged and transferred in installments.
- » Euractiv: Bulgaria to Launch Joint Application to Euro Waiting Room and Banking Union
- » Minister Kralev: We should use New Technologies to Show the Beauty of Sport and to Motivate for Physical Activity
- » Improving Security through Information Sharing: Council Agrees Negotiating Mandate on Interoperability
- » Deputy Minister of Defence Atanas Zapryanov Opened an International Scientific Conference on Cybersecurity and Cyber Defence
- » Screening of Investments: Council Agrees its Negotiating Stance
- » Audiovisual Media Services: Agreement on a Directive to Protect Minors, Boost Competitiveness and Promote European Content