Bulgaria's Central Electoral Commission Appoints New Management
Bulgaria's Parliament has appointed the new Central Electoral Commission management in a heated session, Thursday.
Ivilina Aleksieva of Bulgaria's Socialist Party will be the new chair of the Commission (CEC), the ultranationalist Ataka party's nominee Maria Musorlieva was appointed deputy chairperson. Sevinch Sokolova who was nominated by the ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) will be secretary general of the commission.
The new CEC management was appointed amid parliamentary scandals and tension. The center right opposition GERB party has left the plenary hall after the votes.
President Rosen Plevneliev is to appoint the rest of the members of the Electoral Commission taking into consideration the number of seats of the parliamentary groups.
In line with the Election Code, the Central Electoral Commission chair must have two deputies.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend