Russia Imposes Trade Blockade on Ukraine
Russia has unofficially closed its borders for Ukrainian goods, reports the Ukrainian news agency UNIAN.
As of midnight on Wednesday all trucks carrying Ukrainian goods are turned away at the border checkpoints with Russia.
According to UNIAN, no-one explains anything to the truck drivers and doesn't show them any documents. “The just turn back the trucks and don't even check them,” said one driver.
The trade blockade already created long lines on the Ukrainian side of the border.
Most affected so far are the Ukrainian producers of hothouse vegetables and fruits as they were selling more than half of their produce in Russia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Zelensky: I didn't say War was Coming because in the Chaos the Russians would have Destroyed Us
- » Day 177 of the Invasion of Ukraine: New Powerful Explosions in Crimea, Russia switches to the Yuan
- » North Macedonia's Foreign Minister: It was a Mistake Not Including the Bulgarians in the Constitution
- » Facebook Bans US Anti-Vaxxers
- » Quarantines and Lockdowns have Killed more Brits than COVID-19
- » Indonesian President: Putin, Xi Jinping to Attend G20 Summit in Bali