Sergei Lavrov: Crimean Accession to be Complete this Week
Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov announced that all the practicalities surrounding Crimea’s accession into the Russian Federation will be completed this week.
“Currently, we are involved in practical implementation of the agreements on Crimea’s and Sevastopol’s accession to the Russian Federation. The legal process is due to be completed this week”, Lavrov said, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
On Wednesday, Russian President Vladimir Putin submitted a bill to the State Duma (Parliament) on the “adoption of the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol into Russia”.
Meanwhile, the EU heads of state are gathering in Brussels on Thursday and Friday for their last summit before the EU elections in May. One of the main points of discussion will be the situation in Crimea and Ukraine.
- » The Court Banned Trump from Blocking his Followers on Twitter
- » China Shrinks Customs Duties on Imported Cars
- » Mark Zuckerberg Hearing at the European Parliament Today (Live Stream)
- » There were no Injured Bulgarian Soldiers in a Missile Attack in Kandahar
- » The 16th Richest Countries in the World
- » The US-China Trade War Is Postponed