Vitali Klitschko: Risk of Ethnic Cleansing in Crimea
Ukraine’s presidential candidate and former boxing champion Vitali Klitschko has warned of a humanitarian crisis in Crimea.
“Crimea is today on the brink of a humanitarian disaster. The Ukrainian citizens there are left at the mercy of foreign occupiers and local criminals. There is also a risk of ethnic cleansing. Crimean Tatars, ethnic Ukrainians and all patriots of Ukraine are threatened”, Klitschko said after Sunday’s referendum in the autonomous region.
Despite Crimea’s decision to join the Russian Federation, Klitschko has revealed that Kiev does not plan to cut off energy supplies and support to the region, Euronews reports.
The former world heavyweight boxing champion and leading activist in the Maidan protests is tipped by some as one of the favorites to win the presidential elections in May.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Schengen Condition Fulfilled - Migrants on the Balkan Route have Halved
- » Erdogan declared Three-Month State of Emergency in 10 Regions of Turkey, Deaths from the Earthquakes are now 5000
- » Day 349 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv Expects a New Russian Offensive Very Soon
- » Turkey's Energy Infrastructure after the Earthquakes: Huge Fire, Stopped Gas and Oil Pipelines
- » More than 4,300 People Died from Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- » Thousands of Dead after Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria (OVERVIEW)