Bulgaria to Use Threefold Faster Internet by September - Transport Min
Bulgaria will implement a broadband network project worth BGN 39.1M by September 2014, Transport Minister Danai Papazov pledged.
Once the infrastructure is ready, the current internet speed will increase from 30 mb/s to 100mb/s, Standart News reports.
"The new optical fiber cables will provide a new generation internet access," Minister Papazov said at a meeting in the Borovets resort.
The project is part of the e-government strategy and will be completed in September. The new generation of internet will be provided via 900 km cable lines, and will include 29 municipalities, 24 small towns and 295 offices of state and local administration.
Currently, Bulgaria’s internet is among the fastest worldwide, according to a number of ratings.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom
- » Musk admits that “X” might become a Paid Platform
- » Bulgaria: Group of Men Brutally Beat a Boy with Clubs and Stakes in Harmanli
- » Bulgaria: The Airports in Burgas and Varna reported over 800,000 Passengers in August
- » Bulgaria expects Annual Inflation of around 8%