Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Boast EUR 7 M Profits in Europa League
Bulgaria's football champions Ludogorets Razgrad have earned almost EUR 7 M from their matches in the Europa League.
In December, the team's owner Kiril Domuschiev revealed that the club's profits from finishing first in the group stage are EUR 5.8 M. This sum has soared even more after the matches with prestigious European clubs Lazio and Valencia, Dnevnik.bg reports.
The profits are mostly from UEFA's prize pool for the tournament, as well as television rights. A big portion of the ticket proceedings have been given to charity, while another part of them have been used for paying the rent for the National Stadium in Sofia, which was the venue for the team's home games.
"This is fresh money which has come into Bulgaria. It will be used for building new facilities, modernizing the stadium, and for other local projects", Domuschiev told reporters.
The Ludogorets boss admitted that he will increase the financing of the team and the next goal is to win the Bulgarian League once again and chase the groups of the Champions League.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria
- » Five things you need to know before playing free casino games online