John Kerry to Meet Sergei Lavrov Ahead of Crimea Referendum
US Secretary of State John Kerry will meet with Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Friday in London to discuss the situation in Crimea.
The meeting will be a last attempt to bring the conflicting sides closer, ahead of Sunday's referendum on the future status of the autonomous Ukrainian peninsula, Euronews reports.
The United States and the European Union have claimed they would not recognize the referendum, which is all but set to rule in favor of Crimea joining the Russian Federation. They have also warned Russia to pull back its troops from Crimea or risk economic and political sanctions.
Meanwhile, Moscow continues to accuse the West of supporting a "coup" in Ukraine and installing an illegitimate government.
So far, diplomatic talks have not yielded much positive results.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 130 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Last Bastion in the East may Fall
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: The Macedonian Language will become Official in the EU
- » Day 129 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of shelling Snake Island with Phosphorus Bombs
- » Google will Delete the Location of Women who visited Abortion Clinics in the US
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack