John Kerry to Meet Sergei Lavrov Ahead of Crimea Referendum
US Secretary of State John Kerry will meet with Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Friday in London to discuss the situation in Crimea.
The meeting will be a last attempt to bring the conflicting sides closer, ahead of Sunday's referendum on the future status of the autonomous Ukrainian peninsula, Euronews reports.
The United States and the European Union have claimed they would not recognize the referendum, which is all but set to rule in favor of Crimea joining the Russian Federation. They have also warned Russia to pull back its troops from Crimea or risk economic and political sanctions.
Meanwhile, Moscow continues to accuse the West of supporting a "coup" in Ukraine and installing an illegitimate government.
So far, diplomatic talks have not yielded much positive results.
- » The Court Banned Trump from Blocking his Followers on Twitter
- » China Shrinks Customs Duties on Imported Cars
- » Mark Zuckerberg Hearing at the European Parliament Today (Live Stream)
- » There were no Injured Bulgarian Soldiers in a Missile Attack in Kandahar
- » The 16th Richest Countries in the World
- » The US-China Trade War Is Postponed