Psychologists Negotiating with Bulgaria’s Lyaskovets Shooter
Four psychologists are negotiating with the shooter in Bulgaria's town of Lyaskovets, who has barricaded himself with a gun in his home.
The man, believed to be 53 year old Petko Petkov, shot and killed a police officer Friday morning, and wounded 3 more. He is thought to be mentally ill, unemployed, and hasn't left his home since 2010.
So far, the experts have not been able to convince the man to disarm himself.
All the neighbors of the man have been evacuated, and the area is cordoned with police officers. The nearby school, which has received previously threats from Petkov, has been evacuated.
- » Two People were Shot in Marseilles
- » A Student Opened Fire at a School in the US, but was Stopped by a Teacher
- » At least Four Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » Military Official Stabbed a Policeman in Plovdiv, probably after a Scandal for a Woman
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas