3% of Global Retail Chains Plan Expansion in Bulgaria – CBRE Report
Bulgaria ranks 46th in a report of property consultants CBRE on the top destinations for expanding global retail chains.
According to the survey, as cited by investor.bg, some 3% of the polled international retail chains expressed interest in expanding their business in Bulgaria.
Macao, India, Oman and Serbia have similar scores.
Greece ranks 44th, with 4% of the polled describing the country as an attractive destination for expanding their retail business.
Romania, together with Ukraine, is 35th, while Croatia ranks 28th.
At the bottom of the ranking are Bangladesh, Argentina, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Brazil and Angola, which are attractive markets to only 1% of the polled retailers.
The top 10 of the ranking predominantly consists of European countries such as Germany, France, the U.K., Austria, Sweden, Belgium, Spain, Italy and the Czech Republic. China is 5th, and Turkey 12th.
European retail chains mainly focus on European markets and on expanding businesses in the United Arab Emirates, China and Saudi Arabia.
A similar trend is discernible in the expansion plans of Asian retailers, the most desirable locations being China, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore due to an anticipated improvement in consumer confidence.
- » PM Borisov: We have the Necessary Infrastructure and Means to Continue "Turkish Stream"
- » Boyko Borisov will Open the First Plovdiv Economic Forum
- » Prices of US Goods in Europe are Rising from Tomorrow
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » India Raises Import Duties for US
- » A New German Plant Opens 2000 Jobs in Bulgaria