Bulgaria's MPs Pass Fiscal Council Proposal at First Reading
Bulgaria's Parliament adopted at first reading the establishment of a Fiscal Council proposed by the government.
The proposal was voted in favor by 91 MPs, 11 were against and 30 abstained.
The Fiscal Council will be established as an independent body which will monitor fiscal policy and will prepare analysis and advice, as well as create conditions for increasing budget transparency and accountability.
The Council will have five members, including a chairperson. Members will be elected by the National Assembly for a term of 6 years.
The establishment of a Fiscal Council aims at transposing European directives in Bulgarian legislation and fulfilling the country's commitments as a member of the EU.
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair