Bulgaria's Struma Highway Lot 3 Bid Announced in 2015 - Min
The bids for the construction of Lot 3 of Bulgaria's Struma Highway will be announced in 2014 or by mid-2015, according to Regional Development Minister Desislava Terzieva.
The Lot 3 (Blagoevgrad - Sandanski) construction is a top priority in the new program period, Minister Terzieva stressed, cited by Bulgarian News Agency. The funds for the overall completion of the highway have been provided under the new Operational program on Transport and Transport Infrastructure.
Some eight modern recreation areas, and 20-25 decares for gas stations and food courts will be created on the route of Struma Highway.
There will also be three helipads suitable for emergency evacuation, a control center for servicing the two tunnels and the highway where there will be winter maintenance equipment, ambulances, fire apparatus and surveillance cameras. The center will spread on an area of about 40 decares and will be located between the towns of Krupnik and Simitli.
The total length of the Struma highway from the village of Daskalovo to the Greek border is 150 km.
It is part of the Pan-European Transport Corridor IV and the Trans-European North-South Highway.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s President Convenes Consultative Meeting on the Escalation of the War in Ukraine
- » Storages in Europe are Filled with nearly 87% Natural Gas
- » "Bulgargaz" announces Tenders for the Supply of Liquefied Gas until 2034
- » Bulgaria is Giving Up on Long-Term Supplies from Gazprom
- » Europe reports Record Prices for Bread, in Bulgaria the Increase is almost 30%
- » Bulgarian-Greek Gas Connection will be Operational from October 1