Cuba Accepts to Restore Ties with EU
Cuba has accepted an invitation to restore its relations with the EU.
Cuba's Foreign Minister Bruno Rodr?guez Parrilla announced on Thursday that his country sees the proposal as "the end of the unilateral policy of the EU towards Cuba", as the EUObserver reports.
According to Spanish newspaper El Tiempo, Rodr?guez has expressed the willingness of his country to start a dialogue based on "equality" and mutual respect, even though such a process woud take a long time.
Rodr?guez also said he did not rule out a Cuba-EU dialogue regarding human rights, an issue widely commented in Europe.
Normalization of ties was proposed in February by the EU's High Representative, Catherine Ashton.
- » China Shrinks Customs Duties on Imported Cars
- » Mark Zuckerberg Hearing at the European Parliament Today (Live Stream)
- » There were no Injured Bulgarian Soldiers in a Missile Attack in Kandahar
- » The 16th Richest Countries in the World
- » The US-China Trade War Is Postponed
- » Oil Prices Sharply Increased the Reason for This Is the Threat of the United States to Impose New Sanctions on Venezuela