New Europe Bridge Increased Bulgaria-Romania Turnover
The New Europe Bridge, previously known as the Danube Bridge 2, has increased commodity turnover between Bulgaria and Romania.
Bilateral trade between the two countries now exceeds EUR 3B. Romanian export to Bulgaria grew by 9%, and Bulgarian export increased by 6%, Romanian Embassy counselor Victor Dediu revealed Thursday, Bulgarian Standard News reports.
Owing to the New Europe Bridge, Romania has become Bulgaria's third largest trade partner after Germany and Italy.
9,000 cars, buses and trucks pass the bridge weekly, the bridge's management company reports. Since its opening on June 14 2012, it has served more than 300 000 vehicles.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » India Raises Import Duties for US
- » A New German Plant Opens 2000 Jobs in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law
- » The Average Salary in Bulgaria Increases by about 10% in Recent Years
- » Bulgarian Sauvignon Blanc Received an International Award