Bulgaria PM to Back Ukraine's Territorial Integrity at EU Summit
Bulgarian Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski believes that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) should have a leading role in the solution of Ukraine's financial problems.
Oresharski told journalists in Brussels that the EUR 11 B financial package proposed by the EU was sufficient at this stage.
Speaking prior to an extraordinary summit of EU leaders on Ukraine, he emphasized that Bulgaria had repeatedly expressed its support for the territorial integrity of Ukraine and had opposed any invasion on the country's territory.
Bulgaria's Prime Minister, as cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA), claimed that the new Ukrainian government had to be as cooperative as possible and to seek to unite all citizens of Ukraine regardless of their language or other belonging, thereby defusing tensions.
Oresharski expressed optimism that the EU would manage to reach agreement on Ukraine.
"I expect a declaration in support of Ukraine's territorial integrity and measures aimed at de-escalating tensions," Bulgaria's Prime Minister declared.
He underscored the importance of the EU achieving a unified stance on the crisis in Ukraine.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Schools: Tests for On-site Studying have been provided to all Students starting December 6
- » The German Army will Send-Off Merkel with a Parade
- » Gazprom Increases Gas Supplies to Bulgaria by Nearly 44%
- » Bulgarian Minister of Finance: This year's Budget may End with even a small Surplus
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Government offers the minimum Wage to become BGN 710
- » Health Minister Katsarov: 1.5 Million Tests have been Provided to the Bulgarian Education System