EU Freezes Bank Accounts of Ex-government Officials of Ukraine
The EU freezes the bank accounts of 18 former government officials of Ukraine as of Thursday.
The list of names is not officially announced, but among them are the ousted president Viktor Yanukovich, his two sons, the former chief prosecutor Victor Pshonka, interior minister Vitalii Zaharenko, justice minister Olga Lukash and heads of Yanukovich's administration.
The current Ukrainian prime minister Arsenii Yatsenyuk accused Yanukovich of stealing USD 70 B and emptying the state coffers.
The bank accounts of Yanukovich, his son Olexandr and 25 other people were already blocked in Austria, Lichtenstein and Switzerland.
The USA and Canada banned Ukrainian government officials and other persons responsible for the deaths of protestors from travelling to the two countries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 340 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv is Negotiating the Supply of Long-Range Missiles
- » Former NATO General became the New President of the Czech Republic
- » Day 339 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Heaving Fighting for Vuhledar and Bakhmut
- » Austria and the Netherlands are "United in Opposition to Schengen Expansion"
- » 2023 Bosnia and Hercegovina: Putinians to Establish Institutional Control of the Country
- » Ursula von der Leyen: Strengthening the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is a Priority