Bulgarian Nationalist Leader Proposes EUR 700 Minimum Salary
Bulgaria's ultra-nationalist Ataka party submitted a proposal for increasing the minimum salary to EUR 700.
According to the party's leader Volen Siderov, the minimum salary in Bulgaria must be raised to match western European levels, bTV reported.
The proposal was submitted on Tuesday to the Ministry of Social Policy and Labor. It remains to be reviewed by an expert panel of representatives from the Ministry, the labor unions, and employers.
Siderov has been critical of foreign companies and large retail chains operating in the country, claiming they earn enough profit to be able to afford paying such salaries.
The nationalist added that if his proposals in the social policy sphere are neglected, "this government will prove useless".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » No Vacation for Bulgarian Parliament
- » President Radev Starts Consultations over Formation of New Cabinet in Bulgaria
- » Parliament Discusses Dismissal of Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev
- » There is Such a People is Starting Negotiations to Form a Government
- » Iva Miteva from ITN Еlected National Assembly President Оnce Мore
- » Bulgarian President Ready for Consultations and Handing Government-forming Mandate