EU to Suspend Visa Talks with Russia over Ukraine
The European Union threatens to suspend talks on the liberalization of the visa regime with Russia unless it reverses its actions in Crimea.
The measure was agreed by EU Foreign Ministers at an extraordinary meeting in Brussels on Monday, according to preliminary reports of international news agencies.
The decision is said to be part of a draft declaration to be officially published later on Monday.
The facilitation of the visa process has been on the agenda of EU-Russia talks since 2007, with Russia eager to gain visa-free access to EU countries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 648 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians Killed Two Ukrainian Soldiers Who Tried to Surrender
- » EU Commissioner Asserts Rigorous Criteria for Bulgaria’s Eurozone Entry
- » US Returns to the Moon: Private Mission Marks Lunar Exploration Leap
- » Israel Pulled Negotiators Out of Qatar and Struck Gaza
- » Day 647 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Israel-Hamas Conflict Threatens to Overshadow the War
- » Schengen Decision for Bulgaria: Awaited Call Delayed Again