NATO Secretary General: Russia Is Violating Principles of UN Charter
NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said Russia is threatening peace in Europe.
"What Russia is doing now in Ukraine violates the principles of the United Nations charter. It threatens peace and security in Europe," Rasmussen told reporters in Brussels on Sunday.
Rasmussen, as cited by the BBC News, called on Russia to deescalate tensions and urged all parties involved to continue efforts to resolve the dangerous situation.
He expressed NATO's support for Ukraine's territorial integrity and sovereignty and underscored the need to guarantee the democratic rights of all people in the country.
Rasmussen gave a press conference at the NATO headquarters prior to the start of emergency talks with NATO's 28 ambassadors on the situation in Ukraine and the Crimea region.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 130 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Last Bastion in the East may Fall
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: The Macedonian Language will become Official in the EU
- » Day 129 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of shelling Snake Island with Phosphorus Bombs
- » Google will Delete the Location of Women who visited Abortion Clinics in the US
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack