Winter Olympic Games in Sochi End
The Winter Olympic Games in Sochi ended with a glamourous ceremony at the Fisht Olympic stadium.
The closing ceremony, much like the opening, was centered around the Russian literature, music and cultural traditions. One of the more spectacular segments included around 40 circus artists - jugglers, clowns and acrobats who performed various tricks. One of the highlights was the self-irony of the Olympic circle malfunction at the opening ceremony.
In spite the heavy criticism and fears of terrorist attacks, the most expensive Games in modern history went smoothly.
The Games lasted 16 days, with 2,900 athletes who competed for 98 sets of medals in 15 sports.
Russia topped the unofficial medal count with a total of 33 medals – 11 golden, 11 silver and nine bronze, followed by Norway with 26 medals and Canada with 25 medals.
Bulgaria's 18 athletes did not win a single medal.
In his closing remarks the International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach praised Russia for the excellent organisation and commitment it showed in carrying out its promises.
“These were the athletes' games”. Bach said.
The next Winter Olympic Games will take place in 2018 in the South Korean city of Pyeongchang.
- » Real Madrid Beats Liverpool for another Champions League Trophy
- » "Levski" Marks 104 years since the Founding of the Football Club
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid