Bulgarians' Trips Abroad On the Rise
The number of trips abroad the Bulgarians undertook in Q4 of 2013 rose by 16.5% year-on-year.
The total number of tourist travellers for the period was 685 400.
The majority of trips were within Bulgaria, 16.3% only abroad and 3% both locally and internationally, shows the data of the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
The data shows that the number of tourist trips in Bulgaria in Q4 has decreased by 3.8% year-on-year.
The average sum for an excursion in Bulgaria was BGN 219, while a trip abroad cost on average BGN 390. The largest portion of the sum is spent on transport, followed by meals.
The NSI explains the relatively small sums spent on accommodation with the fact that nearly half of the tourists stayed with friends or relatives.
Most active travellers are the people aged 24-55 years.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » 5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
- » The Beds in the 4- and 5-star Hotels in Bulgaria have Increased by 24% for the Period 2014-2017
- » MoT Angelkova: Establishments in Sunny Beach - South Meet the Requirements of the Law
- » Top 10 of the Cheapest All-inclusive Destinations. Among Them is Bulgaria
- » Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?