Bulgaria's President Strongly Opposes Ethnic Extremism
Bulgaria's President expressed his hope that there would be no need to call a Consultative Council for National Security meeting regarding ethnic peace in the country.
"We strongly oppose extremism. Any form of extremism, hate speech, religious, ethnic and other conflicts are not healthy for the nation, and we will oppose them by all means, including institutionally," President Plevneliev stated after meeting with the Parliamentary Group of the socialist Coalition for Bulgaria, BGNES news agency reported.
President Plevneliev and members of Bulgaria's Socialist Party have discussed the adoption of the Election Code and the possibility to veto some of its texts.
"I will wait for the Election Code to be adopted and then I will act within the time frame under the Constitution,"said Bulgaria's Head of state.
The meeting was attended by Aleksandar Paunov, Kornelia Ninova, Spas Pantchev, Petar Kurumbashev and Yanaki Stoilov. The talks are within the frame of the presidential month of political consultations with parliamentary political parties.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend