Kubrat Pulev Became Bulgaria's 'Man of the Year'
Bulgaria's heavyweight boxing champion Kubrat Pulev became “Man of the Year” for 2013 in the Darik Radio annual poll.
The other two main contenders were the tennis player Grigor Dimitrov and Bulgaria's Patriarch Neophit.
At a ceremony in Sofia last night, Pulev was awarded the title “Knight of the Sword” and a replica of a parade cavalry officer's saber from the period of the Third Bulgarian Kingdom.
In an interview following the ceremony Pulev said he expects to have a match with current world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko by the end of this year.
“I think I have one, at most two matches before the one with Klitschko, if he agrees and does not give up”, Pulev said. “He has two options – either to defend his current world title or step down. There is no third option.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tips for Looking After Your Eyes in the Summer
- » Prince Harry and Meghan Will Receive Invitations for Brooklyn Beckham's Wedding
- » Demi Lovato is Engaged to Actor Max Ehrich
- » Why Is Mobile Gaming Increasingly Popular Worldwide?
- » The Avengers With a Sweet Message for Boy Who Saved His Sister From a Dog Attack
- » Ennio Morricone, the Oscar Winner Composer Dies at 91