Tina Maze Wins Women’s Giant Slalom, Bulgaria’s Kirkova 36th
Slovenian skier Tina Maze won the women's giant slalom at the Sochi Winter Olympic Games, while Bulgaria's Maria Kirkova finished 36th.
Maze, who also won gold at the downhill competition, finished first with a total time of 2:36.87 from the two runs.
The silver medal went to Austria's Anna Fenninger (2:36.94) and the bronze to Germany's Viktoria Rebensburg (2:37.14)
Bulgaria's Maria Kirkova, who was the flag holder at the opening ceremony, finished 36th with 2:47.59. Her second run was over 0.6 seconds quicker than the first, which moved her one place higher in the final standings.
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm
- » Ivet Lalova Won the 200m Race in Stockholm