A Griffon Vulture Pair Observed in Bulgarian Nature Park
For the first time in 70 years environmentalists observed a mating pair of griffon vultures at the territory of Bulgaria's Vrachanski Balkan nature park.
In spite the fact that the park offers good conditions for the griffon vultures, only single birds have been observed occasionally.
Those birds are listed as endangered species in Bulgaria and were considered fully extinct until the end of the 1970's when several pairs were found in the Eastern Rhodope Mountains.
Thanks to the vulture reintroduction European program LIFE08 NAT/BG/278 in the past three years in Bulgaria were imported and released nearly 200 griffon vultures and several pairs of Egyptian vultures.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Some Rain and Sun Afterwards can be Expected with Max Temp 11°-16°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Scattered Clouds and Max Temp Between 18°-23°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max Temp Between 17°-22°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Max Temp Between 16°-21°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Few Clouds and Mostly Sunny Today with Max Temp 15°-20°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: A Decrease of Clouds and Rain with Max Temp Between 13°-18°C