Brahimi Apologizes for Lack of Progress in Syria Talks
UN mediator Lakhdar Brahimi has apologised to the Syrian people after peace talks in Geneva ended without making progress.
Brahimi, who held final discussions with both sides in Geneva in a last-ditch bid to break the stalemate between the Syrian government and opposition, said the main sticking point was the government's refusal to talk about a transitional governing body.
Brahimi apologized to the Syrian people, admitting that the talks "had not come out with very much", the BBC informs.
The negotiations concluded Saturday without the two sides determining a new date for a third round of talks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 648 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians Killed Two Ukrainian Soldiers Who Tried to Surrender
- » EU Commissioner Asserts Rigorous Criteria for Bulgaria’s Eurozone Entry
- » US Returns to the Moon: Private Mission Marks Lunar Exploration Leap
- » Israel Pulled Negotiators Out of Qatar and Struck Gaza
- » Day 647 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Israel-Hamas Conflict Threatens to Overshadow the War
- » Schengen Decision for Bulgaria: Awaited Call Delayed Again