Neo-Nazi Rally Will Take Place In Spite Lack of Municipal Permit
The Lukov March, organized annually in Sofia by neo-Nazi groups will take place, in spite the refusal of the municipality to give a permit.
On their website the organizers say that they will change the route of the march, but it will take place, in spite “the unprecedented pressure of the clique of the anti-constitutional party DPS, the heirs of the murderers of General Lukov, foreign embassies, led by the Israelis, various NGOs and agents of foreign interests.”
On Thursday Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova held consultations with Interior Ministry, the Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov and did not issue a permit for the annual torch-lit march in the city streets, commemorating the controversial General Hristo Lukov. Fandakova ordered the municipal police to be extra vigilant on the date of the rally – February 15.
The neo-Nazi Lukov march has been taking place in Sofia each year since 2004 and is organized by the Bulgarian People's Union. This is the first year, in which the municipality heeded the concerns of the human rights and anti-fascist organizations who had been protesting the march in the past several years.
General Hristo Lukov was the commanding General of the 13th Division of the Bulgarian Kingdom's Army during World War I, and later a Minister of War. During the Second World War he was a great supporter of the Axis powers, particularly Nazi Germany.
Lukov was the leader of the right extremist Union of Bulgarian National Legions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Will Patrol Small Towns and Villages Hunting Drunk Drivers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Quiet and Sunny
- » Bulgaria Recovers after Disastrous Floods
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Temperatures Keep Falling, Occasional Snowfalls
- » Bulgaria’s Premier: We Don’t Spend Money on Tanks and Aircraft Only, We Also Build Education Infrastructure
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rains Stop But Freezing Cold Is Coming