Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Bows Out of Rotterdam Tourney
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov lost to Latvia's Ernests Gulbis 4:6, 6:7 in the second round of the ABN AMRO Tournament in Rotterdam.
Gulbis served very strongly and did not allow his opponent any break points in the first set.
Leading 2:1 in the second set, Dimitrov had 3 consecutive break points, but the Latvian once again fired out some powerful serves and saved his game. At 5:4, Dimitrov reached 2 set balls, but was not able to convert them.
Perhaps slightly disturbed by his missed opportunities, the Bulgarian was not up to the challenge in the deciding tie break, losing it 3-7.
Dimitrov reached the semifinal of this competition last year, which means he was not able to defend his points for the rank list. This may result in a slight drop when the new ranking comes out on Monday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Who Are Bulgaria’s Opponents in Their Euro 2024 Qualifying Campaign?
- » Russia received an Invitation to Play in the Central Asian Football Association
- » Djokovic was not Allowed into the US without a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgarian Albert Popov Recorded a Historic Ranking with his First Podium in the Skiing World Cup
- » English Greyhound Derby 2023: Who Will Claim the Crown?
- » Who Are the Favorites for the 2023 Cheltenham Festival Championship Races?