Bulgarian Universities Granted BGN 21 M More in State Subsidy
Bulgarian colleges and universities will receive an additional state subsidy of BGN 21.5 M, according to Education Minister, Aneliya Klisarova.
The decree has been approved at the meeting of the Council of Ministers Wednesday.
The portion of the subsidy for each of a total of 33 schools will be bound with the quality of education it provides, according to Klisarova.
Sofia University will get BGN 3.2 M, the Medical University and the Technical University in Sofia – BGN 3 M each, the University for Architecture, Construction and Urban Planning – BGN 1.35 M, the Sports Academy and the University for National and World Economy – over BGN 0.5 M each.
The government has further approved and issued BGN 40 M in state guarantees for student loans, which are currently granted by 4 banks, while the interest rate will not exceed 7%, Klisarova said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Survey: Over 70% of Staff is Vaccinated in only 4% of Schools in Bulgaria
- » How to Stay Calm While Studying for Exams
- » Teachers Union Leader: Bulgarian Education System Did Well during the Pandemic
- » Caretaker Ministry of Education and Science Announced Its Top Priorities
- » Pandemic Effects: Some Students in Bulgaria Refuse to Return to In-person Classes
- » Book Niches Growing in Popularity