Bulgaria's Govt Allocates BGN 7 M to Scgengen Accession Measures
Bulgaria's government has distributed the amount of BGN 7 M earmarked under State Budget 2014 for financing projects aimed at achieving Bulgaria's accession to the Schengen Area.
Out of a total of BGN 7 M, a total of BGN 5 768 580 will go to the budget of the Interior Ministry, and the remainder will go to the government's budget for municipal administrations in Burgas, Haskovo, and Ruse.
In the period 2010-2013, under a decree of the Council of Ministers, a total of 55 450 000 was allocated for the implementation of technical requirements for the application of Schengen legislation.
A number of the projects have an implementation term of more than one year due to uncompleted procedures.
As a result, under the plan for 2014, funding will go to the post-warranty maintenance of helicopters AW-109Е and AW-139, of the coastal surveillance system Blue Border, of Radiation Portal Monitors, of the integrated control and surveillance system at the Bulgarian-Turkish border, and of mobile X-ray devices.
Funding will also go to the completion of the joint contact center between Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point and the activities related to boosting the level of security at the backup computing & communications center and the reliability of information technology of the environment in which the national Schengen Information System and the automated information system Border Control function.
Financial resources have also been earmarked for the supply and installation of mobile elements for deterring facility at Danube border, the acquisition and repair of administrative border control buildings at the Bulgarian-Turkish Black Sea border, the construction of a warehouse for customs inspections of vehicles at the Malko Tarnovo border crossing point, etc.
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
- » Producers of the Famous Bulgarian Rose Protest Because of the Low Purchase Price
- » First Comments from Euroleaders at the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Virtual Reality – The future of European industry at WATIFY: Inspire to Transform
- » The best WATIFY Technological Transformation for 2018 is…
- » Minister of EC Presidency Pavlova: We will Investigate the Spending of EU Funds