EU Justice Commissioner Viviane Reding Robbed in London
Viviane Reding, Vice-President of the EC and EU Justice Commissioner, had her personal suitcase stolen while debating Europe with members of the public in London, Tuesday.
Europe's top justice chief left the Royal Institution in Central London after a two hour debate where she accused British politicians and voters of using "emotion not facts" to judge the European Union, British The Telegraph reported.
After leaving the meeting, Reding found out that her luggage, and that of her entourage of officials, had been stolen from her official EC car.
"It is the first time I have had my bag stolen and I travel all around the world. They left my papers fortunately. It is a real pain in the neck," Reding told The Telegraph.
Vice-President of the European Commission, visited London on Monday to debate the EU with David Lidington, Minister of Europe.
Reding slammed claims of benefit tourism by saying that 77% of EU migrants are economically active in Britain compared to 72% of British nationals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Czech Government Declared a New State of Emergency
- » Prince Philip, Husband of Qween Elizabeth Has Infection and Is Set to Stay in Hospital
- » Man Admits Murdering the Maltese Journalist Caruana Galizia in Court
- » NASA Lands Rover and First-ever Helicopter on Mars
- » India Arrested Civil Activist Related to Greta Thunberg's Movement Fighting against Farming Reforms
- » Protests in Myanmar against the Coup Continues