Five Red Cross Workers Kidnaped in Mali
A leading Islamist militant group has kidnapped a team of Red Cross workers in northern Mali, an official from the jihadist group said on Tuesday.
The members of the International Committee of the Red Cross team "are alive and in good health" in the hands of the Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa, Aljazeera reported.
The Red Cross reported on Monday that one of its vehicles carrying five people went missing two days ago in northern Mali.
The International Committee of the Red Cross based in Geneva, has confirmed that all five of the people on board of the vehicle were Malian.
The Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa is a militant group united with Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Finland to Issue Fewer Visas to Russians, Estonia Suspends them on Thursday
- » Putin Condemned "the West's Collective Efforts to Destroy the European Security System"
- » Assange's Lawyers are Suing the CIA
- » Day 174 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Shoigu and Guterres discussed the Security Situation at the Zaporizhzhia NPP
- » Amid another US Delegation visit, China conducts Fresh Military Drills around Taiwan
- » UN: By November 15, the World Population will reach 8 Billion People