Five Red Cross Workers Kidnaped in Mali
A leading Islamist militant group has kidnapped a team of Red Cross workers in northern Mali, an official from the jihadist group said on Tuesday.
The members of the International Committee of the Red Cross team "are alive and in good health" in the hands of the Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa, Aljazeera reported.
The Red Cross reported on Monday that one of its vehicles carrying five people went missing two days ago in northern Mali.
The International Committee of the Red Cross based in Geneva, has confirmed that all five of the people on board of the vehicle were Malian.
The Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa is a militant group united with Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 173 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Over 40 Countries called on Russia to Hand Over the Zaporizhzhia NPP to Kyiv
- » 35 Tons of Humanitarian Aid for Ukrainians to Arrive in Bulgaria
- » 75 Years of Progressive India
- » Day 172 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Soldiers who Shoot at and from Zaporizhzhia NPP are Targeted by Ukrainians
- » Day 171 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia warns the US of Severing Relations if Declared Sponsor of Terrorism
- » A Man Killed 11 People after a Family Dispute in Montenegro