Mass Vehicle Inspections Launched across EU
Mass inspections of trucks and buses are starting Tuesday not only in Bulgaria, but throughout the European Union.
The campaign will last until the end of the week. Vehicles will be checked for illegal transportation of passengers, the existence of compulsory insurance and vignettes.
European statistics show that those killed and injured in accidents involving heavy-duty vehicles outnumber by far victims of other serious incidents. The most common cause of accidents is drivers of heavy vehicles not complying with regulations requiring them to take breaks.
- » Bulgarian Presidency Reports on the Progress Made on Topics Overseen by European Parliament’s Committee on Constitutional Affairs
- » Joint Statement by Commissioners Avramopoulos and King, the Ministers of Interior of the Western Balkans
- » V. Dombrovskis: Low Incomes are not an Obstacle to Bulgaria's Joining the Eurozone's "Waiting Room"
- » Bulgaria Takes Forward the Debate on the Future of the Common Agricultural Policy
- » South Pacific Regional Fisheries Management Organisation: Council Adopts New Rules
- » EU Priorities in the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation: Council Conclusions