More Bulgarians Use Card Payment Methods
More Bulgarians are willing to use POS terminals and tend not to pay cash.
In 2013, the purchases made by debit or credit card increased by 20% and the average amount was BGN 70 per month.
Consumers tend to be more willing to use a POS terminal for small purchases of BGN 2-3 as well, Nova TV reports.
Traditionally, more card payments are made during the holidays. Therefore, the transactions via POS terminals increased by 40% in December.
According to bankers, the future is in the contactless payments which save time otherwise spent in lines at stores
- » Bulgaria Inflation Accelerates Further In June
- » IMF Chief: Clouds over Global Economy are 'Getting Darker by the Day'
- » The IMF Provides a $ 50 Billion Loan to Argentina
- » Erdogan Claims Turkish Lira’s Loss in Value a Manipulation against Turkey
- » Every third Bulgarian has had Outstanding Loans, According to Eurostat
- » EC Predicts 3.8% Growth in Bulgaria in 2018