Significant Gap in Internet Use Among Bulgarians
Fourty-two percent of Bulgarians are using the internet at least once a day, while 41% have never used it.
According to a survey of Eurobarometer, 71% of Bulgaria's internet users go on the internet for e-mail, 68% read news online and 64% use the social networks.
Only 21% of Bulgarians have bought something online and 11% use online banking. Nearly ? of Bulgarians watch television online.
The majority of Bulgarians use a desktop computer (72%), 12% have a smartphone and barely 4% use a tablet.
Around 30% of Bulgarians are highly suspicious of the internet shopping and banking, but at the same time 67% say they have never changed the password for their e-mail or social network accounts. According to the Eurobarometer survey, this is the highest percentage in the EU.
Ninety-five percent of those who bought something online said they have never been victims of fraud.
- » Poland has Suffered from a Severe Hurricane.
- » TIR Truck Turned Upside Down on Trakia Highway
- » Over 1 Million Eggs will be Withdrawn from the Bulgarian Market
- » Indonesia Questions Ferry Captain as 192 Remain Missing
- » Tickets for Webit.Festival are Now Fully Sold out
- » Canada Lagalizes Recreational Marijuana