Bulgarian Police Vow to Finally Tackle Common Crime
Bulgaria's Interior Ministry announced that police and gendarmerie will be redirected to locations in the country where common crime is highest.
The news was reported Thursday by the Chief Secretary of the Interior Ministry, Chief Commissar, Svetlozar Lazarov.
These locations are mainly villages and small towns.
The action is to start Monday at 8 am in 15 regions plagued by common crime. The crime rate is the highest in the regions of Vidin, Vratsa, Montana, Pleven and Sofia Region.
The gendarmerie teams will be joined by traffic police units. Police officers who were recently sent to the Bulgarian-Turkish border to help border police prevent the illegal immigrants' influx will be also relocated. The fuel limit for police cruisers in the designated regions will be increased
Also on Monday, police employees will start regular meetings with local authorities in the said regions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia