Europe Is Committed to Assist Bulgaria With Refugees
Europe is committed to assist Bulgaria in coping with refugee situation in line with European standards.
During a debate in the European Parliament on the refugee situation in Bulgaria EU Home Affairs Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom noted that the authorities are making efforts, but concerns remain about the humanitarian situation.
According to her the situation with the refugees in Bulgaria is increasingly vulnerable and swift action is needed.
She warned that this might lead to the activation of a crisis management mechanism provided in the Dublin II Regulation.
Malmstrom urged all EU member states to accept more refugees, so the burden be distributed more evenly.
Meanwhile Bulgaria's European MP Ivailo Kalfin said that Bulgaria needs real solidarity and also urged the EU member states to increase their refugee quotas.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov