Bulgaria Defeats Portugal in Final Match at Fed Cup
Bulgarian Victoria Tomova and Isabella Shinikova defeated the Portuguese Luz and Murta in the last match of the first group of the Fed Cup Tournament in Budapest.
Despite the victory, Bulgaria lost two out of the three matches against Portugal.
Tomova and Shinikova won the last match with 6:2, 7:5 at the Syma Sports Center in the Hungarian capital city, Tuesday.
The Europe/Africa Zone of Fed Cup tournament was Tomova's debut for Bulgaria's national team. The European champion is the 35th Bulgarian female tennis player to participate in the tournament.
Earlier in January, Bulgaria's top female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova and Dia Evtimova dropped out of the national team for the 2014 Fed Cup tournament due to injuries.
Bulgaria's national team has been put in group D in Budapest, together with the teams of Belarus, Portugal and Turkey.
- » Real Madrid Beats Liverpool for another Champions League Trophy
- » "Levski" Marks 104 years since the Founding of the Football Club
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid