Turkish FM Postponed Bulgaria Visit Due to Sochi Ceremony
Turkey's Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu cancelled his visit to Bulgaria because he will be attending the Winter Olympic Games opening ceremony on Friday in Sochi.
Davutoglu will be accompanying Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Erdogan. According to a spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry, the consultations with Sofia on rescheduling Davutoglu's visit continue.
The ministry dispelled the speculations in Turkish media that the foreign minister has cancelled his planned visit to Bulgaria because he could not meet Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev.
Meanwhile some of the Bulgarian media speculated, that the actual reason were the truck traffic disputes between the two countries.
President Plevneliev said on Wednesday that scheduling conflicts made it impossible to meet Davutoglu in the desired period.
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev Goes on a Two-day Official Visit to Serbia
- » Kim Jong Un Visiting China
- » Donald Trump Expects to Meet Vladimir Putin in July in Europe
- » The Bulgarian Foreign Minister goes to Macedonia
- » Prime Minister Borisov has Refused to Meet with the Macedonian President, who is in Sofia
- » PM Borisov: We will Discuss with Netanyahu whether we can do Joint Production in the Field of Defense