Bulgarian Liberal Leader Threatens to Sue Ex-PM
Bulgarian liberal party Movement for Rights and Freedoms leader Lyutvi Mestan warned he will file a suit against center-right GERB leader and former Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov.
The reason is prior allegations by Borisov that Mestan had illicitly obtained classified information from Bulgaria's intelligence services.
The liberal leader made the announcement from the tribune of the Bulgarian Parliament at a plenary sitting Wednesday, which discussed the unexpected resignation of MRF's Parliament Vice-Speaker Hristo Biserov end of 2013.
Just days after Biserov withdrew, he was charged on several counts of money laundering, which provoked allegations of information leak to the Movement.
"I am aggravated by the allegations of GERB's leader, in which there is slander, not against me, but against institutions - that they leaked information for me. That is why we will see each other in court," exclaimed an emotional Mestan Wednesday.
"I am doing this not because of my honor, but out of respect for the institutions of the democratic Republic of Bulgaria," added he.
During the sitting, MPs decided to create an ad hoc parliamentary committee to investigate circumstances arond Biserov's resignation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Assoc. Prof. Kunchev: The Epidemic in Bulgaria is still Far from Over
- » CEM with a New Chairman - Betina Zhoteva
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly