Two Light Earthquakes Registered Near Sofia, Bulgaria
An earthquake with a magnitude of 3.0 on the Richter scale was registered in Bulgaria Wednesday, announced the European Seismological Center.
The earthquake occurred at 5.54 am local time on Wednesday and the epicenter was 15 km south of the town of Samokov and 58 km south of the capital city Sofia.
The Geophysical Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) has also registered the earthquake and has reported of another earlier jolt with a magnitude of 2.0 on the Richter scale. It occurred at 5.46 am 64 km south of Sofia.
- » Light Rain can be Expected in East Bulgaria in the Afternoon, Highs between 20° and 25°C
- » Water Levels are Critically Low Along the Danube, Ships Run Aground
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Temperatures up to 20-25°C
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry: Three Nature Parks Get BGN 1.5 million Under OPE
- » Moderate Quake in Halkidiki Rattles Northern Greece
- » Bulgarian Regional Minister Explains Green Buildings for a Common Green Future Project