Swedish Town of Ume? Becomes Cultural Capital of Europe
The Swedish town of Ume?, located in the V?sterbotten County has officially become the European capital of culture, ITAR-TASS reported.
Ume? will share the tenure as one of two European capitals of culture together with Riga, the capital city of Latvia.
Ume? is often called the "gateway to Lapland." One of its most popular citizens is Stieg Larsson, author of the famous "Millennium Trilogy" crime novels.
Meanwhile, four Bulgarian cities of Plovdiv, Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Varna are taking part in the competition for European Capital of Culture 2019.
- » IRON MAIDEN and JUDAS PRIEST at HILLS OF ROCK 2018 Festival
- » The "Hidden Letters" Project in Sofia, Bulgaria
- » Strange Treasure Next to the Great Pyramid at Giza
- » What is Included in this Year's "World Theater in Sofia?"
- » You can Volunteer to Star in a Film in Plovdiv
- » New Location for the Spring Book Fair 2018