Swedish Town of Ume? Becomes Cultural Capital of Europe
The Swedish town of Ume?, located in the V?sterbotten County has officially become the European capital of culture, ITAR-TASS reported.
Ume? will share the tenure as one of two European capitals of culture together with Riga, the capital city of Latvia.
Ume? is often called the "gateway to Lapland." One of its most popular citizens is Stieg Larsson, author of the famous "Millennium Trilogy" crime novels.
Meanwhile, four Bulgarian cities of Plovdiv, Sofia, Veliko Tarnovo and Varna are taking part in the competition for European Capital of Culture 2019.
- » NEW GROUP BY WAACKING Comes To Derida Dance Center in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Production Among Selected for the First European Film Festival in Qatar
- » The Platform for New Bulgarian Short Films REVERSE ANGLE Presents Three Films About the Boundaries of Dreams
- » The Iconic Sofia Cinema CULTURE Returns at a New Address – 22 San Stefano Street.
- » See the Big Winners of the 36th Edition of the Bulgarian Film Festival “Golden Rose”
- » Bulgarian Artists illuminate Brandenburg Gate During Berlin’s Festival of Lights